ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, Britain's largest animal park.
- If you're wondering how to get the best value for money ahead of your visit then you can discover ZSL Whipsnade voucher codes and discounts right here, on this page. We are the online promotions specialists and therefore we list all the currently ongoing deals offered by ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. Scroll down, choose the discount that most appeals to you and get ready to save!
- Want to stay in tune with all the monkey business coming out of ZSL Whipsnade Zoo in the future? Easy, just sign up to their newsletter! Scroll to the bottom of their website and click on the link to subscribe to updates. All you need to do is provide your contact details and you'll receive regular notifications with the latest news and events, as well as ways to get involved and support ZSL. This way you'll always know if there are new ZSL Whipsnade Zoo voucher codes and discounts available!
- Become a member of ZSL for just £66/year and enjoy unlimited zoo visits to the Whipsnade and London zoos, among other advantages. If you come with a car, you get 50% off in ZSL Whipsnade Zoo discounts, because at ZSL they understand that your membership is in fact an act of solidarity.
- Get a 10% ZSL WHipsnade Zoo discount when you book your visit in advance through the online booking system on their website. Just click on the link below to be taken directly to the relevant page where you can redeem your discount.
- Other concessions include special ZSL Whipsnade Zoo offers for students, seniors and disabled visitors.
At ZSL Whipsnade Zoo there are thousands of animals from hundreds of species native from all corners of the world. Spanning close to 2.5 square kilometres, the zoo is split into five major sections. In the middle of the reserve you have the base camp, with the restaurant, toilet facilities and a big pond, the home of the pelicans. You also have the train station right next to it, where you can catch the Jumbo Express steam train to tour the park. The Jumbo express takes you around the outside perimeter of the Asian zone, where some animals are allowed to roam freely. Be wowed by the tigers and see the rhinos in their natural environment, or take your car through the "Passage through Asia" safari section.
Next to Asia you'll find the Africa zone, where animal enclosures give you a chance to spot hippos sharing a pond with pink flamingoes and spotted cheetahs basking in the sun. There are also zebras and onyx in the African section, while the lions' roars make the meerkats stand in their hinds and look out attentively for any sign of danger. Drifting down Africa you'll come across the white rhinos and the giraffes, before crossing over to the European part of the zoo. From the lookout lodge you'll be able to spot the reindeer and the wolverines, while a short stroll down the road will take you to the section devoted to brown bears, wild boars and lynx.
A definite highlight of the ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is the penguin pond, while a stop by the primate always pays off. After all there's nothing like spying a chimpanzee mocking about or a lemur hanging carefree from its endless tail. With a ZSL Whipsnade Zoo voucher you'll be able to enjoy these and many other attractions at even better prices.
ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is the ideal day out for the entire family. You will find something to wow every single member of the family, be they boys or girls, adults or children. A day packed of adventure and nostalgia in similar measure, with the steam train choo-chooing its way along the open Asian section, where animals run wild and even approach you in your cars.
Who said learning couldn't be fun? Plus, this isn't just learning for the children: there isn't anyone so old and hardened that won't find something new in the country's largest zoo, or that won't have their heart warmed by the beauty and the ingenuity of the animals' rapport with each other. Take advantage of the superb promotions we have outlined for you on this page and have a ball in a world-class facility at the friendliest of prices.
Give your children one grand ride in the Hullabazoo area, right in the centre of the park. It features a farm where the little ones can come in close contact with miniature donkeys, pygmy goats, sheep and lambs, bunnies, guinea pigs, ferrets and newly-hatched chicks. There's also an indoor playing area (need to plan ahead for a rainy day!) and the outdoor Hullabazoo adventure play ground where the children can reach new heights. Quite literally!
Right in the thick of the Dunstable Downs, the ZSL Whipsnade Zoo stretches across 600 acres, the largest animal park in the country. The layout of the large park means that you can walk or drive around the animal enclosures, and in some areas animals are allowed to roam free, giving your drive a genuine safari feel. Alternatively you could also take the Jumbo Express train service to roll you through the premises in an old-school steam-loc train.
Perhaps ZSL Whipsnade Zoo's most recognisable feature is not a living animal, but rather the white lion carved into the side of the downs, a huge symbol that can be seen for miles both from the road and from the air if you happen to be flying nearby (likely on your way to Luton). ZSL Whipsnade Zoo has been around since 1931, bringing to Londoners of all ages the diversity of the world's fauna and providing one-of-a-kind experiences to a city so fully immersed in its own pace.
With more than 3,500 animals from more than 200 species, many of them endangered, there is quite literally a whole world to discover at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, and with the deals and offers you'll find on this page you can make that discovery weigh less on your pocket.